Today I want to share some tips on how to stay healthy in 2018. These are all things I do regularly or at least try to!
1. Meditate, this is something you might not realize how important it is until you do it every day. Ideally, you should aim to meditate twice a day but you will still feel the benefits of doing it once a day. Starting your mornings in a calm state will help you handle stressful situations better and prevent stress from piling up. Meditation is not easy and takes practice. Try to find a style that helps you, whether it be guided meditation, belly breathing, visualization, etc. You can also use apps such as Calm, Headspace or even guided meditation podcasts.
2. Gratitude, this one is very similar to meditation in the sense you won’t realize how important it is until you do it every day and is practiced morning and night. Naturally, we all tend to fixate on the negative but taking the time to write down what you are grateful for really helps you look at life in a different way. You will start to appreciate the small things more. If you are struggling with depression this would be really beneficial. This is the journal I use. I highly recommend it!
3. Yoga is such a good workout and has similar effects as meditation. It is actually what helped me learn how to meditate because the practice really focuses on your breathing and being in the present moment. You don’t have to be flexible to do yoga, everything can be modified. Also, its free on YouTube. My favorite channel is “Yoga with Adriene” she has a video for everything you need to know. She will change your life!
4. Postive Self Talk, like I mentioned before, we naturally tend to fixate on the negative. Constantly being hard on yourself and telling yourself you are no good isn’t going to help you. I’m a believer in the law of attraction so, what you tell yourself every day is what you are going to get. If you tell yourself you suck at life and don’t deserve something, well you probably aren’t going to be able to achieve what you want or let alone have the confidence to try to achieve it. You have to retrain your brain with positive thoughts. Try looking in the mirror and repeating something positive to yourself and really believe it!
5. Try to eat more vegetables, whether it be added to a smoothie or eating a more plant-based diet. They are rich in fiber, vitamins, and minerals to help you live a healthy lifestyle!
And of course, make sure you always apply SPF to protect your skin and drink enough water throughout the day. Not drinking enough water could be the cause of recurring headaches or fatigue!
A lot of these are things you’ve probably heard a thousand times (as have I) but sometimes it’s nice to hear them again and be reminded.
Now, onto my outfit details!
I hope this post was helpful. Thank you for stopping by!